Sunday 25 January 2009

Beats Going Out!

Felt absolutely shocking all last week with flu so hadnt been playing a great deal. Thought I was feeling a bit better on Saturday and toyed with going to Walsall for the satellite they were running in the afternoon to the £200 DC FO scheduled for Sunday. But I went for a bath at lunchtime and fell asleep in it, so didn’t make it to the satellite! Luckily I didn’t drown either, but I havent felt so wrinkly in years, that’s for sure. The shape of things to come .... Then I thought I might shoot down to the Walsall £20 DC FO in the evening or maybe the Broadway £30 DC FO, but at the last minute remembered I had won a token to play the $1500 Circus GTD (a $6.05 rebuy) on Poker770.

So I started playing that at 8pm, with my coat on, thinking I would donk out early and set off for somewhere to get a late buyin. There were 410 runners, got to the first break in quite a healthy state, with no rebuys, didn’t add on either, and won it after a long struggle heads up, taking down $898 – about £627. Not bad for nothing. Well, about four hours effort.



Weird Payout structure – $898 for 1st, $778 for second, less than $330 for third, about $170 for 4th , then 5th – 15th all got $87, and 16th – 35th all got $17. Thought the only fair thing to do was win it, really. There were some real wild swings when we were heads up, I went from massive chip leader to almost felted with some bad outdraws, then resorted to a push-fold game (mostly push) to inflict the same back on him. Eventually after regaining the chip advantage had a good hand stand up when I pushed and he made the mistake of calling.

Not going to play on that site again though – unless it’s satellites for EPT tournaments or stuff not available elsewhere – cos when I decided to withdraw my winnings it transpired that their “withdrawal policy” is to process your request a massive 96 hours after they receive it. So presumably I wont get my dosh for another 5 days after that. Thieving Frenchies. (But if you are interested in playing for free they will give you $50 if you sign up using the code 50DOL and email them to claim the no-deposit bonus, quoting the code.)

No comments: