Monday 19 January 2009

Running Like a Dog

Ran bad on Bluesquare last night - played a handful of games starting with the first GUKPT online league match. 77 runners, went out 75th when drawing to the nut flush and a gutshot straight with Ah Jh and lost out to the eventual tournament winner who just couldnt lay down K4 on a KJ235 board. Obviously having played that crap preflop he couldnt ever fold top pair - he made the big call on the river, when he found the K on its own was good enough. Who'd have thought it, eh? Oh well, nice result for toondavey40, guess top pair shit kicker stood him in good stead throughout.

Then moved onto the GUKPT $10 Rebuy Satellite Feeder. Was running OK in that then got slapped in the chops with several hideous beats - so what's new, its ipoker. Worst was when I ran into Codfatherace (Frank Romanello, I discovered later, the elder statesman of the Welsh fish family). Have played him before, calls with any two, bets and wont fold if he hits any part of the flop generally. Anyway, this particular hand I'm in the SB, he is BB, blinds are only 30/60, UTG raise to 180, two limpers so I complete with KhQh, Frank pays the extra 120 and the flop is 7h 5h 3d. With 900 in the pot, first to act, I push for 1090, Frank comes over the top and has 3c 7c, and the rest fold. I knew he had the 7 (bets when he hits) but I miss my flush and reload. I guess he had the odds to call preflop with any two but how many would bother with 3 7?

A bit later I call a standard raise with 10 J, hit my J, only to find the raiser Roy1005 has KJ. Dont know who he is but if Sharkscope is to be believed he's a fish with consistent low stakes losses on ipoker. Exit hand came just before the break when blinds 75/150 - min raise from cutoff, call from button, I push making it 1350 with 77, CodfatherAce pushes for nearly 4k, other two fold and Frank has A10, then wins the race when he spiked a 10 on the turn. I didn't reload, it was not to be.

Was simultaneously playng a qualifier for the ECPT Salzburg - a freezeout - and had an italian lunatic on the table immediately to my left who was all in at the drop of a hat - one minute felted, next chip leader, a complete yoyo. Raised preflop to 1800 (3BB) from the SB with 10s Js and got a call from the moron, no surprise there. Continuation bet on a 684 rainbow flop and he went all in - I assumed stealing - and was half right, he thought middle pair was good enough with K6, and so it proved. Oh well, very bad call from me.

No comments: