Monday 12 January 2009

Two French Duds

Was due to play two online finals this weekend for the EPT in Deauville, on the Poker770 site, having won my way into these for pennies before Christmas. However, was under a little bit of pressure to spend time on the Saturday at a social engagement, so I bit the bullet and headed off to Stratford for a night of dining, drinking, and so on. But not before I had made arrangements with a buddy to play my Saturday qualifier for me. Sadly he texted me before 10pm to tell me I had played crap, and was out in 62nd. He, on the other hand, simultaneously managed to come third in the APAT UK Online Poker Championship which was running at the same time, so perhaps his main focus was elsewhere. Last chance to qualify was on Sunday, and managed to avoid the donks for a long time but eventually saw an opportunity to double up with AQ against an optimist who had reraised me all in with A7 off suit which naturally earned him an iPoker special with a flush to the 7, and I put the French trip out of my head for another year.

No comments: